The Printrbot Metal Simple is the cheapest, simplest intro to 3D printing. If you are new to the world of 3D and you have a smaller budget, this is definitely the way to go! The printer has a black powder-coated all-metal construction with open platform for fabricating parts up to 6 x 6 x 6 inches (H x W x D) using 1.75-mm PLA thermoplastic filament (sold separately). The frame is made from steel and aluminum for durability, and it has a black powder-coated finish to protect against wear. The printer head moves on the Y (backward and forward) and Z (up and down) axes, while the print bed moves on the x (left to right) axis.
The printer uses open source software and connects to the computer using the included mini-USB cable. Using an SD card (sold separately), the printer can be disconnected from the computer after initialization for untethered printing during long print jobs.
- Fabricates parts up to 6 x 6 x 6 inches (H x W x D) in size or 216 cubic inches in volume
- Prints layers up to a maximum resolution of 100 microns
- Fabricates parts using 1.75 mm PLA filament (sold separately)
- Automatic leveling probe helps level the print bed
- Cooling fan speeds up solidification of the extruded filament. User manual and troubleshooting steps attached.
- 12V (60 watt) 5 amp laptop power supply
- Power cord (3-ft. length)
- Micro-USB cable (34-in. length)
- Auto-leveling spacer