Deftones is an alternative metal band that was formed in 1988 in California, United States. They released nine albums since their inception, and are considered one of the best metal bands – with a collection of acclaimed songs. If you’re a Deftones supporter, chances are you might have some vintage Deftones apparel lying around. Or, you might be looking for some. Whatever the case, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to keep in mind when looking to sell or buy Deftones merch like apparel and accessories. So, stick around and let’s get started!
What's Vintage Deftones Merch, Exactly?
Vintage apparel, or vintage clothing, is a broad term referring to garments from previous eras. In this case, if you want Deftones merch you are looking at T-Shirts, hoodies, and other items that were released since 1988. Usually, vintage means 1980s and 1990s, although the term is expanding to the 2000s, too. Time moves on for all of us!
Where To Buy Vintage Deftones Merch and Apparel
The best place to look for vintage items tends to be second-hand markets. If eBay was the first thing that came to mind, you’re right. This platform will have tons of Deftones merch from the 80s and 90s. But it’s not the only one! Below is the complete guide to Deftones merch and where to get the best deals for it.
Vintage Deftones Merch on eBay
As we said, eBay is a great place to get started when looking for the best merch. Here’s a link to a Deftones pre-filled search to make things easier. But it’s always a good idea to try different keyword combinations so you can find the products that might be listed under a different name, for example:
- Deftones vintage merch and apparel
- Deftones old merch
- Deftones t-shirts
- Original Deftones (and then choose the category you want)
Vintage Deftones Merch on Etsy
Another excellent place to look for vintage stuff, in general, is Etsy. You might think of Etsy as a crafting and homemade products place, but it’s not. Lately, tons of users have added merch and vintage apparel. So, if you want that one-of-a-kind Deftones merch, don’t hesitate to give it a try.
Here are some examples of Etsy products for Deftones fans:
Other places to Find Vintage Deftones Merch
Depending on your country, there are several other sites and platforms selling vintage merch. For example:
- Vinted specializes in vintage apparel, toys, and accessories. Prices tend to be great here because there are lots of people cleaning their wardrobe. So check Vinted if you want to try and find a Deftones merch bargain.
- Facebook Marketplace is another perfect place to find old merch and apparel. Just keep in mind a lot of people don’t send stuff over the mail, so you’ll have to pick it up. Make sure you restrict your Deftones search to your local area unless you’re feeling like going for a drive.
- Want more sites? Here’s a comprehensive list of second-hand platforms.
Where to Sell Your Vintage Deftones Merch
If you’re lucky to be the owner of Deftones merch from the 1980s and 1990s, and you want to give others the chance to enjoy it, you can sell it. The sites you can use are the same ones you listed about.
However, how do you price vintage merch? Well. It’s always a good idea to check what others are asking for the merch and try to stay within the same range (you can lower it a little to make your Deftones merch more competitive or raise it to make a better profit). To give you an idea:
- A Deftones t-shirt is between $10 and $140 depending on rarity. For example, a House of Flies rare tee can be around $110, but a Self Titled Album one could be around $60. If you can’t find similar listings for your Deftones t-shirt, it might mean it’s a rare one. In that case, Google the brand and see if there are other band designs – or use an auction to get more attention.
- A Deftones poster is typically $40 to $80. Truth is, there are numerous designs, and you might not find examples like the one you have. In that case, use aesthetics as a guide. Is it an attractive, significant poster? Or a generic one that lots of people might have?